Ms. Habbart has extensive experience advising lawyers globally on the Delaware law aspects of complex transactions and governance issues with a Delaware connection.
Ms. Habbart receives top ranking in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and has been included since 2005, the first time that transactional lawyers were ranked, and is recognized as a leader in corporate governance by International Who’s Who in Corporate Governance.
According to Chambers, clients say “her responsiveness, pragmatism and practicality really stand out,” and “she is very knowledgeable, her opinions are thorough and accurate, and she is personable and easy to work with.”
- Sale of leading US reverse mortgage company to an investor group.
- Sale and lease of aircraft worldwide by client owning multi-billion portfolio of aircraft.
- Purchase by New York-based private equity firm of sportswear companies valued at $438 million.
- €4.4 billion transaction related to acquisition of concession contracts for Madrid and Barcelona Airports.
- Stock sale by majority block of stockholders in US private company to a subsidiary of a US public company.
- Acquisition of publicly traded Delaware corporation by Jersey corporation in telecom industry.
- $2.15 billion financing transaction involving purchase of interests in Delaware limited liability company for investment in Latin America and Asia.
- Series of multi-billion note-based financing transactions with respect to a captive reinsurance company.
- Corporate governance issues associated with the ownership of a Delaware subsidiary by a publicly traded Belgium company.
- Corporate governance issues related to the sale of alternative entity interests owned by founder of a family of funds.
- Co-author of the chapter on Delaware law in the 3rd, 4th and 5th editions of “The Corporate Governance Review”;
- Contributor in the publication “Private Fund Dispute Resolution”;
- Co-editor of the United States chapter of the “Treasury Shares Guide” published by the International Bar Association (“IBA”) Corporate and M&A Law Committee;
- Co-author of the first in-depth analysis of the Uniform Law Commission Uniform Statutory Trust Act in the American Bar Association publication “The Business Lawyer”;
- Co-author of “Delaware Limited Liability Company Forms and Practice Manual” first published in 1995 by Data Trace Publishing and updated annually;
- Co-author of chapter 7 of “Partnerships, Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances on Delaware Limited Partnerships”; and
- Co-editor of “IBA’s Directors and Officers Checklist, 2011”.
Ms. Habbart holds significant leadership positions in the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Delaware State Bar Association and the Delaware Bankers Association. These leadership positions include:
- Appointee to Council of the Corporation Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association that is responsible for legislative amendments to Delaware’s General Corporation law;
- Vice Chair of Corporate Governance Subcommittee of the International Bar Association (“IBA”) Corporate and M&A Committee;
- Vice-Chair of the Executive Committee of the American Bar Association Committee on LLC’s, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities since 1995 and Vice Chair since 2010;
- Appointee to the Delaware State Bar Association committee responsible for legislative amendments to the Delaware Statutory Trust Act;
- Former and Vice-Chair of the IBA Private Equity Subcommittee;
- Chair of the ABA International Use of U.S. Business Entities Subcommittee;
- Former Chair of the ABA Subcommittee on Business Trusts, REITS and Financing Vehicles; and
- Former ABA Advisor to the Uniform Law Commission Drafting Committee on the Uniform Statutory Trust Entity Act.
In addition to her law degree, Ms. Habbart has a Masters in Taxation.